SoCalASTA Strategic Plan
Vision: To build a strong network of travel professionals in Southern California.
Mission: To enhance the professionalism and profitability of our members.
- To protect the business interests of travel agents.
- To protect the relationship between suppliers and travel agents.
- To enhance our relationship and involvement with CCTO.
- To support the fundraising efforts of ASTAPAC.
- To prepare a grassroots strategy for responding quickly and effectively as industry challenges arise.
- To educate members about the value of the chapter’s government and legislative activities.
- To provide services and resources to make agents better sellers of travel.
- To provide services and resources to supplier partners that enhance their relationships with travel agents.
- To schedule a consistent calendar of meetings, networking events, education, and training opportunities.
- To construct a comprehensive website that serves both travel professionals and the public.
- To refine the monthly newsletter into an indispensable resource of information.
- To restore local activity in Southern Nevada (Las Vegas).
- To communicate ASTA’s benefits, programs, events, and resources to our geographic territory.
- To improve relations with allied supplier partners in Southern California.
- To promote the chapter to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- To promote member travel agents to the traveling public.
- To promote member supplier partners to travel agents.
- To launch a consumer awareness campaign.
- To support Future Travel Professionals with career resources and opportunities.
- To create a visible presence for the chapter within the travel industry in Southern California.
- To improve the dissemination of information from the chapter.
- To preserve the chapter for future generations of travel professionals.
- To celebrate the chapter’s 75th anniversary in 2010 with an emphasis on the future.
- To recruit 75 new first-time core members in 2010 while increasing the retention of existing members.
- To delegate the work of the chapter by establishing committees or recruiting volunteers.
- To design and maintain a comprehensive database of travel professionals in Southern California.
- To explore the value of creating a paid administrator or intern position.
- To organize a 75th anniversary celebration.